Daigo Shigeno grew up looking at the sports victories of his legendary father. Therefore, the boy from childhood knew that he wanted to become a baseball player. But sport was not so simple. Daigo, disappointed in his first attempts, managed to find the strength to return to baseball. As long as there are people who can help, support, push, Daigo has every chance to become what he wants to become. First-class baseball player. Like his father.
Release date for Season 3 of the anime “Major 2nd”
78 volumes of “Major” manga, released between 1995 and 2010.
19 volumes of “Major 2nd” manga, issued from 2015 to this day.
6 seasons of anime (154 episodes), created on the “Major” manga. The show period is from 2004 to 2010.
3 additional animated films, which premiered in 2008, 2010 and 2011-2012.
2 seasons created in the “Major 2nd” manga, released in 2018 and 2020.
This list only speaks of the popularity of the project. It can be assumed that the sports genre will be in the top favorite among fans of anime for a long time. The reason for this is that sport inspires, stimulates, creates real heroes!
Since there is no information about the closure of the project, and manga volumes are still being released, we will wait for the anime to continue. There is enough material for the season 3. We are waiting for the official data on the premiere of the new season.
Given the break between the first two seasons of 2 years, most likely the season 3 will be released in the spring of 2022.
Anime “Major 2nd”: which characters in the title role?
- The main character of the anime is a young guy Daigo Shigeno. He grew up in the shadow of the glory of his father, a professional baseball player. Therefore, he also decided to become an athlete. The boy’s childhood passed in America, where his father worked. Then the family returned to Japan. After trying to become a baseball player, Daigo was disappointed in his abilities. He decided not to associate his fate with sports, but Hikaru Sato appeared in his life. A classmate who gradually turned into a great baseball player. After a while, Daigo becomes the captain of a team of which there are no guys at all.
- Daigo’s father, Goro Shigeno, once became the best baseball player in Japan. After brilliant games, he continued his sports career abroad. Goro’s manner of playing, composure, prudence and rigidity, made him a great and valuable player for the team. It is time to help his son turn sporting dreams into reality.
- Mutsuko Sakura is a baseball girl, classmate and friend of Daigo. She holds the position of deputy team captain. As often happens, the girl is in love with the main character.
The plot of the anime “Major 2nd”: what was and what will be?
Season 1 of the anime talks about the difficult path of Daigo Shigeno to the dream of becoming a baseball player. In the first steps in the world of sports, the guy became disappointed in himself, stopped fighting and gave up. He could not accept himself as such an unprofessional and worthless player. He is not like a father. Next up is depression for a long year. Hikaru Sato, a new classmate, whose father is also a famous baseball player and friend of Daigo’s father, helped bring the guy back to sports. The guys became friends and proved not only to themselves that they can be great players.
2 years have passed. The baseball team is recruiting young players again. Daigo, the team captain, is forced to train with the girls. Yes, his team consists of girls. With the advent of first-year beginners, there is not only the development of the team, but also the confrontation between the players. And in order to get the result, they need to become a single team. After all, ahead is participation in the tournament.
Curious facts about the anime “Major 2nd”
- The author of the original manga, on the basis of which the anime was created, is Takuya Mitsuda. The manga “Major” was first published in 1994. The last volume was published in July 2010. A total of 78 volumes were published.
- In February 2018, the “Major” manga received the status of one of the best-selling. At that time, it was printed with a circulation of more than 54 million copies.
- In 1996, the “Major” manga received the Shogakukan Manga Award, which in Japan is considered one of the main ones in the field of manga. The annual award is sponsored by Shogakukan.
Release dates for the new anime series “Major 2nd”
|Premiere of new episodes of the anime “Major 2nd”|
|Season 3, Episode 1||spring of 2022|
|Season 3, Episode 2||spring of 2022|
|Season 3, Episode 3||spring of 2022|
|Season 3, Episode 4||spring of 2022|
|Season 3, Episode 5||spring of 2022|
|Season 3, Episode 6||spring of 2022|
|Season 3, Episode 7||spring of 2022|
|Season 3, Episode 8||spring of 2022|
|Season 3, Episode 9||spring of 2022|
|Season 3, Episode 10||spring of 2022|