Light novel “Eighty Six” immediately won the hearts of a huge number of readers thanks to the carefully crafted plot and image of each character. Plunging into history, the reader draws in his imagination the battlefield, the suffering of the people, the relationship of the Republic to the people from the 86th. Imagine their surprise when the anime adaptation turned out to be as close as possible to the original source. This is worthy of respect, because the director Toshimasa Ishii clearly did his best! That is why readers have turned into contented anime viewers, demanding an unambiguous continuation of the series…
Release date for Season 2 of the anime “Eighty Six”
Since the light novel is published to this day and its author Asato Asato does not plan to close the project, there will be enough material for adaptation. However, will it be enough for a full season 2? How quickly will new volumes be written and published? Most likely, we will need to wait at least one year, maybe more.
Therefore, it is not worth waiting for new episodes before the second half of 2023.
Anime “Eighty Six”: which characters in the title role?
- One of the main characters in the anime is Shinei Nōzen, known as Shin, the Undertaker or Reaper. The guy repelled a huge number of attacks, but survived and continues to carry out his service. Shin takes the death of his comrades hard, and collects tokens from each fighter after their death. With the new curator Lena, he immediately finds a common language, because she turns out to be completely different from the previous operators.
- The curator Vladilena Mirizé or Lena is responsible for the Shin unit, directly supervises him and his squadron. Unlike her colleagues, the servicemen of the 86th district are also people for her, and not a means of fighting opponents.
Lena initially led the unit remotely, then received a promotion to colonel, after which she was sent by the representative of the Republic to the 86s, where she acted as a tactical commander.
The plot of the anime “Eighty Six”: what was and what will be?
9 years ago, war was declared on the Republic of San Magnolia. The neighboring Empire of Giad invaded their territory with the help of autonomous war machines – Legions. It is believed that Empire was destroyed by its own Legion 4 years ago. And since the machine has a lifespan of 6 years, the soldiers of the Republic need to hold out for another 2 years before the last Legion ceases to exist.
While the Empire has created a series of unmanned military vehicles, the Republic is armed with Juggernauts, piloted by soldiers of the 86th region. And while the 85 regions of the Republic live in peace, believing the daily news that there are no casualties in this war, Shin and his squadron fend off the attacks. Day after day, they risk their lives, knowing that to the Republic they are only humanoid pigs.
16-year-old Lena has always been on the side of justice and truth. She understands that the 86s are the same young guys and girls like she. Therefore, Lena, the officer appointed as Shin’s curator, will do everything to save their lives – those who are constantly on the front lines…
Curious facts about the anime “Eighty Six”
- To distract from the voices of the Legions, the main character Shinei Nōzen constantly reads various books with a specific history. The author of the light novel Asato Asato admitted that these are quite real books, read by him, which in one way or another influenced him and were reflected in the novel “86”.
- The song “3-bun 29-byō” (literally translated “3 minutes 29 seconds”), which sounds at the beginning of the anime, is performed by Japanese rock band Hitorie, formed in 2011. Initially, the group consisted of 4 musicians, but in April 2019, the main vocalist Wowaka died suddenly at the age of 31. After a 6 month hiatus, the band reunited and began creating songs.
- The final composition “Avid” is performed by the popular Japanese musician Hiroyuki Sawano, also known as the “SawanoHiroyuki [nZk]” project. The composer has worked in many anime projects and films, such as “Attack on Titan”, “Blue Exorcist”, “The Seven Deadly Sins”, etc. Hiroyuki Sawano’s peculiarity lies not only in his interesting musical works, but also in their strange titles , which most often consist of symbols and letters of various alphabets.
Release dates for the new anime series “Eighty Six”
|Premiere of new episodes of the anime “86”|
|Season 2, Episode 1||no exact information|
|Season 2, Episode 2||no exact information|
|Season 2, Episode 3||no exact information|
|Season 2, Episode 4||no exact information|
|Season 2, Episode 5||no exact information|
|Season 2, Episode 6||no exact information|
|Season 2, Episode 7||no exact information|
|Season 2, Episode 8||no exact information|
|Season 2, Episode 9||no exact information|
|Season 2, Episode 10||no exact information|
Top 10 Military/War Anime