The anime “Smile Down the Runway” (Runway de Waratte) tells the story of two talented teenagers who share a similar fate. Chiyuki Fujito dreams of becoming a model, but her small stature is not enough to make her dreams come true. Ikuto Tsumura is an incredibly gifted fashion designer, but the deplorable financial situation of his large family erases all his hopes. Will the two talents cope with difficulties or break under the weight of life circumstances?
- Release date for Season 2 of the anime “Smile Down the Runway”
- Anime “Smile Down the Runway”: which characters in the title role?
- The plot of the anime “Smile Down the Runway”: what was and what will be?
- Curious facts about the anime “Smile Down the Runway”
- Release dates for the new anime series “Smile Down the Runway”
- Top 10 Best School Romance Anime
Release date for Season 2 of the anime “Smile Down the Runway”
Kotoba Inoya, the author of the manga of the same name, creates one volume after another. The popularity of the story of talented teenagers is growing, which means that there is every chance to see again on our screens their struggle for their dream.
It’s hard to say at the moment whether there is enough material to write new anime series. On the other hand, the demand for the series may affect the decision of the director to take on the new season.
So far we have to guess. We are waiting for official information, with which we will immediately share in our article.
Anime “Smile Down the Runway”: which characters in the title role?
- As a child, Chiyuki Fujito was the owner of an incredibly high growth. But after 10 years, the girl stopped growing, stopping at around 158 cm. Acceptance of her body did not give Chiyuki peace, because the dream of her whole life was to become a model. Disappointments covered the girl one after another. Over time, she was able to cope with this, accept herself as her nature had created.
- Chiyuki’s friend, Ikuto Tsumura, is the only member of the needlework school. He is the eldest son in his large family. For the welfare of his beloved relatives, he was ready to give up a lot, including his dream of becoming a fashion designer. Ikuto is new to fashion, but nature has laid a huge potential in him. For Ikuto, getting to know Chiyuki becomes an opportunity to fulfill his dream of becoming a designer.
- The novice fashion designer Kokoro Hasegawa also works as a model, because she has a height of 181 cm. Previously, because of her high growth, the girl was very shy and insecure. But with age, experience, understanding, self-acceptance come to her. After studying in Paris, Kokoro returns to Japan. Now she has to work together with a young but gifted team – with Toh Ayano, Chiyuki Fujito and Ikuto Tsumura.
The plot of the anime “Smile Down the Runway”: what was and what will be?
Chiyuki Fujito spent most of her time at her father’s modeling agency. The girl is naturally endowed with the correct proportions of the body, model appearance, stubborn character, and her father’s connections seemed to help to realize her dream in an instant. But the trouble is: Chiyuki’s growth is only 158 cm. At the same time, it stopped growing at 10 years old. In life, everything was not as simple as the girl thought.
Ikuto Tsumura is, on the one hand, an ordinary teenage schoolchild, but on the other, the guy is interested in clothing design, for which he has a clear talent. He can create a unique fashion outfit from any old thing. The difficulty of Ikuto lies in the fact that he has three younger sisters in his care and his family’s finances are constantly approaching zero. Mom does not cope with household chores, Ikuto understands this perfectly. Therefore, the dream of the Tokyo Academy of Design would remain a dream, if not for one circumstance…
Fate introduces two gifted classmates. Chiyuki and Ikuto, like a puzzle, ideally joined in order to take the common path to their dreams. The constant presence of Ikuto in the girl’s life gives her self-confidence. In it, she finds a source of strength and hope, because Ikuto is one of the few who does not look at her small stature, but at talent and soul. Chiyuki, in turn, pays a friend in return and incredible support. Guys will have to go through a lot in order to find their place in this world. But this road will be long and difficult…
Curious facts about the anime “Smile Down the Runway”
- Japanese singer and songwriter Ami Sakaguchi performed the opening song “Lion” in the anime. The girl debuted at age 16 with the song “Girl” in July 2017.
- The final song “Ray of Light” was performed by South Korean singer J-JUN (also known as Jaejoong, he had many stage names). The guy had a difficult childhood. Parents almost immediately abandoned him, passing for adoption. Despite the versatile talent (singing, acting and directing), in 2015 the guy got into the army, where he was also able to excel. In the 1st Infantry Division of the Republic of Korea, he was the best rookie among 244 young men, for which he received the Excellence Award at the graduation ceremony. He was also a member of a military band.
Release dates for the new anime series “Smile Down the Runway”
|Premiere of new episodes of the anime “Smile Down the Runway”|
|Season 2, Episode 1||no official information|
|Season 2, Episode 2||no official information|
|Season 2, Episode 3||no official information|
|Season 2, Episode 4||no official information|
|Season 2, Episode 5||no official information|
|Season 2, Episode 6||no official information|
|Season 2, Episode 7||no official information|
|Season 2, Episode 8||no official information|
|Season 2, Episode 9||no official information|
|Season 2, Episode 10||no official information|