“Tower of God” is a Japanese anime based on the eponymous Korean webtoon (digital comic). Its author is Lee Jong-hui, with the pseudonym SIU. Webtoon was first published in June 2010 on Naver’s LINE Webtoon.
The author of the original story, Lee Jong-hui, began working on his digital comic while in the compulsory military service. At the end of the service, SIU had 10 albums with sketches for a future famous story. After 6 months, Naver officially proposed the author cooperation.
- Release date for Season 2 of the anime “Tower of God”
- Anime “Tower of God”: which characters in the title role?
- The plot of the anime “Tower of God”: what was and what will be?
- Curious facts about the anime “Tower of God”
- Release dates for the new anime series “Tower of God”
- 10 Manga You Need To Be Reading in 2020
Release date for Season 2 of the anime “Tower of God”
On the original Korean platform, “Tower of God” is considered the most profitable project. It is known that from the date of the first publication of the webtoon, it is in the lead among the rest of the comics. Moreover, the “Tower of God” has an interesting record – one of the chapters received more than 1.8 million comments. What is this talking about? Only about the popularity of the project, which with the release of anime is only gaining momentum around the world.
Despite the fact that the release of season 2 has not yet been officially announced, many critics and anime fans are predicting a quick return to the series. Most likely, the production of the new season will not take more than a year.
Therefore, our forecast (and many fans agree with this) is spring of 2021.
A little more math and observation. The fact that it is planned to release an anime adaptation was officially announced in August 2019 at the Seoul Comic Con conference. The first series was released on April 1, 2020. That is, the process of creating the series took 8 months. If they announce Season 2 in September, then spring next year is likely to premiere.
But do not forget about the coronavirus, which spoiled many plans, including in the anime world. Therefore, do not be surprised if the premiere of new series is postponed.
Anime “Tower of God”: which characters in the title role?
- The main character of the series is a young guy Baam. He lived in a cave under the Tower. During this difficult time for the guy, Rachel came to him, who became his best and only friend. Arriving at the Tower, Baam seems very young and inexperienced, but the boy inexplicably copes with all the tasks.
- Rachel did not get into the Tower by accident. The girl dreams of reaching its top, because it is from there that she will see the stars. This is her most cherished dream, because they say that the starry sky is indescribably beautiful and fabulous. Rachel unquestioningly follows the orders of the FUG organization, in response, they provide the girl with help. In order to achieve her goal, Rachel is ready to do a lot, even betrayal.
The plot of the anime “Tower of God”: what was and what will be?
The Tower is a mysterious place that not everyone can get into. The gates of the Tower are closed to everyone, but even here there are exceptions. Only “chosen” can get inside of their own free will. Those who deserve to get into the Tower will try their luck in passing the tests. Otherwise, not a single floor will be passed. And the way is far. But once at the top, everyone can find answers to any questions, fulfill any desire.
A huge number of people and creatures live in the Tower, powerful, dangerous, evil, gullible… The closer to the top, the more difficult the tests, the people living there have a higher status.
The anime tells the story of a guy who, without hesitation, ran into the Tower, pursuing his best and only friend. Baam cannot stop Rachel, and the girl seems to be disappearing. Now Baam has no choice but to begin the trials that each floor of the Tower presents. He is ready for anything to find Rachel…
Secrets of the characters, their thoughts, motives, past are revealed from series to series … As the plot develops, the viewer delves into the Tower’s own world. And most importantly, the viewer will see those who manage it.
Curious facts about the anime “Tower of God”
- The name of the main character, Baam, literally translates from Korean as “twenty-fifth night”.
- The character Yuri Zahard (Zahard’s Princesses), has in the original source the nickname Effenberg Zahard. The author named it after the German footballer Stefan Effenberg, known for his rude behavior on the field and in relation to football fans. Judging by the fact that some heroes are named after famous football players, we can assume that the author of webtoon loves this sport.
- Lee Jong-hui/SIU is a fan of torturing his reader by introducing some of his characters of obscure gender.
- In 2013, the “Tower of God” mobile game was released on Google Play. The game was immediately installed by more than 120 million users. In South Korea, in February 2016, the game hit the top 5 most popular games according to Google Play.
Release dates for the new anime series “Tower of God”
|Premiere of new episodes of the anime “Tower of God”|
|Season 2, Episode 1||spring 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 2||spring 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 3||spring 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 4||spring 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 5||spring 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 6||spring 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 7||spring 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 8||spring 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 9||spring 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 10||spring 2021|