The original manga by Hiroyuki Takei was published in Weekly Shonen Jump between 1998 and 2004. The manga consisted of 300 chapters and was collected in 32 volumes. The first anime series began releasing episodes at such a rate that it bypassed the release of the original manga. As a result, the creators of the series had no choice but to come up with the continuation and ending of the story themselves, which naturally differed from the manga. In 2021, viewers saw an adaptation based on the original storyline. Should we wait for the continuation?
- Release date for Season 2 of the anime “Shaman King”
- Anime “Shaman King”: which characters in the title role?
- The plot of the anime “Shaman King”: what was and what will be?
- Curious facts about the anime “Shaman King”
- Release dates for the new anime series “Shaman King”
- Top 10 Magic Anime With An Unstoppable Main Character
Release date for Season 2 of the anime “Shaman King”
Even before the anime was released in April 2021, its creators announced that all chapters of the manga had been adapted. The story of Yoh Asakura and the other characters is told in full, from start to finish. So in this context, we shouldn’t expect Season 2 to be released.
However, it is known that as of 2021, 5 manga spin-offs were released, which theoretically can also be adapted into anime series. There is no reason for frustration, because the fantasy world is so huge that in the near future there will still be anime worthy of our attention.
Anime “Shaman King”: which characters in the title role?
- The main character of the anime is the shaman Yoh Asakura. By nature, a kind and calm guy, he prefers to be friends with people. It is the calmness that allows him to keep the situation under control during the battle. On his way, he meets many people, among whom will be his best and loyal friends in the future. And there is also a person with whom the guy fell in love at first sight.
- Anna Kyoyama is also a shaman and communicates with ghosts. Despite her fragile appearance, she is strong physically and spiritually. Anna is devoted to those who sincerely love her, at the same time, the girl is ready for anything for her relatives and friends.
- There is no story without villains. Hao Asakura is considered one of the strongest shamans. He always oversees the fights between shamans, especially with the participation of the strongest fighters, including Yoh. Hao always dreamed of one thing: to create a Shaman Kingdom, where he will be the unchanging King. However, this was not always the case. Until the death of his mother, whom Hao loved endlessly, he was not so angry. However, her departure from life served to generate the guy’s hatred for people.
The plot of the anime “Shaman King”: what was and what will be?
Spirits for various reasons cannot leave the world of the living. They fly above the ground next to their graves. In the anime world, human shamans live on Earth, endowed with the ability to communicate with the lost souls of the dead, spirits living in forests, as well as ancient gods. Thanks to the ability to use the supernatural power of spirits, shamans become almost invincible in any battle. However, there are those who use the power of spirits for good purposes, while others want power and submission to themselves of all life on Earth…
More than 10 years ago, two boys were born in one family at once. And if the first newborn turned out to be the reborn shaman Hao, the second, Yoh, was his complete opposite. As the years passed, Hao knew that the strength of his twin brother would help him become powerful and make his plans come true. However, Yoh becomes a very powerful shaman.
Relaxed and unhurried, Yoh calms the body, clears the mind so that at any time there is an opportunity to let the spirit in. This happened on the day when, after the spell “unity”, the spirit of Amidamaru entered the boy’s body, who later became the devoted guardian spirit of Yoh. Ahead of the guy is the Shaman Tournament. He needs to prepare properly, because the title of Shaman King is not given just like that …
Curious facts about the anime “Shaman King”
- The name of the main character Yoh is translated from Japanese as “leaf”. The name of his twin brother Hao consists of 2 parts – “Ha” and “O”. The first part is also translated as “leaf”, but “o” speaks of the very high status of the owner of the name. Therefore, the name Hao can be literally translated as “Leaf King”.
- The first anime series was available for viewing in 2 versions: Japanese and American. In the American version, the viewer practically does not hear the names of the characters in the story – they are addressed only by their first names, and most of them are changed (Hao became Zeke, Ren – Len, Ryu – Rio, Manta – Morty). Also, the bloody battle scenes were modified for “softer”, non-aggressive ones, recommended for viewing by the younger audience of viewers. When dubbing, rude expressions were paraphrased. In the original version, according to international critics, there is a lot of rudeness and violent scenes that can be avoided.
Release dates for the new anime series “Shaman King”
|Premiere of new episodes of the anime “Shaman King”|
|Season 2, Episode 1||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 2||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 3||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 4||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 5||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 6||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 7||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 8||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 9||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 10||no information|