The Taira clan had a high opinion of themselves. The clan members believed that “one who does not belong to the Taira clan is not worthy to be called a man”. Their fame spread quickly, and there really were reasons for that. The greatness, strength, influence of the rulers of the clan were limitless, but there were those who not only wanted to enter into conflict with them, but also turned out to be a worthy rival in the end.
- Release date for Season 2 of the anime “The Heike Story”
- Anime “The Heike Story”: which characters in the title role?
- The plot of the anime “The Heike Story”: what was and what will be?
- Curious facts about the anime “The Heike Story”
- Release dates for the new anime series “The Heike Story”
- The BEST Historical Anime
Release date for Season 2 of the anime “The Heike Story”
From the very first episode, the viewer understands that the anime “The Heike Story” (Heike Monogatari) is fraught with great potential. Excellent visualization, an unusual combination of modern anime and classic Japanese epic, and just a beautiful, deep story of an orphan girl with unusual eyes did not leave anyone indifferent. With each episode watched, the number of fans only grew, and interest in the picture increased at an incredible rate.
Since very often it is the audience’s reviews that decide the fate of the continuation of the anime, there is a high probability of seeing the main characters on their screens again.
But whether director Naoko Yamada and her team will undertake to develop events further remains to be seen. One thing is clear that if season 2 is developed, then its premiere will most likely take place no earlier than a year later – by the fall of 2022.
Anime “The Heike Story”: which characters in the title role?
- The main character of the anime is the girl Biwa, who by nature has multi-colored eyes. Few people know that she is able to see the future. The father never called his daughter by name, so Biwa simply does not know it. She invented a name for herself – in honor of a musical instrument with which she never parted. As a child, before Biwa’s eyes, her father was killed by the warriors of the Taira clan, and this is forever imprinted in her memory.
- Biwa meets Shigemori, who also has heterochromia. His gift is to see the souls of the dead, which seem to pursue him everywhere. After Shigamori’s father went to Fukuhara to carry out bold and big ideas in order to increase the political influence of the clan, he remained to rule for him, becoming the head of all Taira. Shigemori sheltered Biwa after realizing that this meeting was not accidental.
The plot of the anime “The Heike Story”: what was and what will be?
It would seem that what can unite the leader of the Taira clan and a simple little village girl? It turns out that both of them are able to see things that others have no idea about. While Shigamori sees the ghosts of dead people, Biwa is able to see into the future. But the father, who knew about his daughter’s gift, strictly forbade the girl to use it.
Biwa’s once careless words led to the death of her father. In a fit of horror and despair, the girl sees that the village will soon come to an end. Time passes. After the loss of his beloved and only parent, Biwa falls into the family of Shigemori, the leader of the Taira clan. He confesses to the girl that he also has the gift of seeing what others do not see. For example, the spirit of her father, who never leaves his child.
Getting acquainted with the children and other inhabitants of the house of Shigemori, Biwa gradually becomes different. But her prophecy about the death of the clan haunts the ruler. We cannot escape our destiny, but what can we do?
Curious facts about the anime “The Heike Story”
- The original anime series “The Heike Story” is based on the Japanese epic “The Tale of the Heike” written by Hideo Furukawa in 2016. Taira is considered one of the most powerful Japanese clans of the period from the second half of the 11th to the 12th century inclusive, which left a huge and bright mark in history. The main rival of Taira was the Minamoto clan. The war between the clans over control of Japan was fought over a long time, in which ultimately the victory remained with Minamoto.
- The song “When It Shines” (“Hikaru Toki”), which is played at the beginning of the anime, is performed by a Japanese rock group Hitsujibungaku currently consisting of 3 members.
- The final song “Unified perspective” is performed by Japanese hip-hop artist ANI, vocalist of Scha Dara Parr.
Release dates for the new anime series “The Heike Story”
|Premiere of new episodes of the anime “The Heike Story”|
|Season 2, Episode 1||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 2||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 3||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 4||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 5||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 6||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 7||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 8||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 9||no information|
|Season 2, Episode 10||no information|