The adventures of two ingenious scammers from the anime “Great Pretender” are what cheer you up and relax. Comedy situations in which the main characters fall, ingenuity in scams, stupidity of the rich – all this awaits the viewer when watching a TV series. Will there be a sequel?
- Release date for Season 2 of the anime “Great Pretender”
- Anime “Great Pretender”: which characters in the title role?
- The plot of the anime “Great Pretender”: what was and what will be?
- Curious facts about the anime “Great Pretender”
- Release dates for the new anime series “Great Pretender”
- Top 10 Anticipated Anime of Summer 2020
Release date for Season 2 of the anime “Great Pretender”
All episodes of season 1 showed excellent ratings. The audience fell in love with the heroes and enjoyed traveling around the world with them. According to professionals from the anime world, the director will not close the project, because the demand for the series is very good. Let’s give the director team time to create new episodes.
If the work goes smoothly and quickly, we can see season 2 in the fall of 2021.
Anime “Great Pretender”: which characters in the title role?
- The main character of the anime is Makoto Edamura, a young guy who has stepped on the deception path. One day he decided to trick Laurent Thierry, who was trickier than him. As a result, Makoto became his assistant. The protagonist’s nickname is “Edamame”, which means soya bean pods (a popular Japanese snack). Initially, Makoto seems clumsy and naive, but everything changes when he gets down to business. Over time, the guy becomes confident, able to find a common language with absolutely any person.
- An experienced con man, a confident Frenchman, Laurent Thierry, is one that cannot be deceived. Even the naive Makoto, who thought he had outwitted Laurent, was deeply mistaken. Thierry is able to calculate all the steps ahead. Its multi-pass operations amaze and delight. Now Makoto has become part of his team.
- Kudo, an accomplice of Makoto, was originally his boss when he led the company to distribute substandard tea. Then he became a partner of Makoto in the machinations of a guy, but, as it turned out, Kudo worked for Laurent Thierry.
- A member of the Laurent Thierry team, Abigail Jones, has excellent physical shape, because in her childhood she was a professional ballet dancer. The girl participated in many competitions, and now the bent gold medal is the only thing left of her past.
The plot of the anime “Great Pretender”: what was and what will be?
Makoto Edamura was an ordinary teenager. And when his mother became seriously ill, the guy decided to make money at all costs, because medical care is very expensive. With good intentions, Makoto takes a job to distribute tea. But the guy does not even imagine that he fell into the circle of fraud, led by an ugly man named Kudo.
Everything went well until once representatives of law enforcement agencies came into their office. Then there were interrogations, a court and a sentence: 1.5 months of correctional labor and 3 years probation. How then to look into the eyes of a sick mother? How to find a job if no one takes with such a dirty past? Now all around consider Makoto a fraud. And what to do? There is only one way out – to become a con artist. So that people do not speak in vain.
The adventures of Makoto, a nimble and novice swindler, are just beginning. After all, after meeting Laurent Thierry, the most interesting is waiting for him. Hollywood, London, Singapore, Los Angeles… Which city will be next?
Curious facts about the anime “Great Pretender”
- At the beginning of the anime, a song called “GP” (short for the series “Great Pretender”) sounds, created by popular Japanese musician Yutaka Yamada. He creates musical compositions for anime series (for example, “Tokyo Ghoul”, “Vinland Saga”, etc.), commercials (for example, “Audi”, “Samsung Galaxy”, etc.) TV series, etc. His work, “Glassy Sky,” written for the “Tokyo Ghoul” anime, has been viewed over 43 million times on YouTube.
- The final anime song is a cover of The Platters’ song “The Great Pretender”. It is performed by the popular singer Freddie Mercury. The original song “The Great Pretender” was released on November 3, 1955.
- The name Makoto, translated from Japanese, means “truth person”.
Release dates for the new anime series “Great Pretender”
|Premiere of new episodes of the anime “Great Pretender”|
|Season 2, Episode 1||fall of 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 2||fall of 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 3||fall of 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 4||fall of 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 5||fall of 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 6||fall of 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 7||fall of 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 8||fall of 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 9||fall of 2021|
|Season 2, Episode 10||fall of 2021|